CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Answers..?

Naturally answers tend to come when you least expect them and typically are not looking for them....at least thats what happened yesterday

Ok so long story short I went to follow a lead on a job (for those of you new to "me" I recently graduated with my RMA registered medical assistant carticficate) and while I was in the building decided that since my old OBGYN office was there I would get a full copy of my chart (NOTE: according to HIPAA a pt has the right to this at any time I reccomend using it) the purpose was to have it for the new fertility DR...and sadly they are not the best at forwarding records on ..Which brings me to the point of this story theses previous records were never sent over to my new OB while I was still pregnant (last year!!! for crying out loud!)when I got home I decided to read through and organize my stuff to make it easier for the new Dr to get through and while doing this I noticed some hinky test results that indicate that ,at least at one point, I have Low Progesterone...I was told by said Dr that I "had a result indicating I did not ovulate that cycle" but not that I had 2 consecutive LOW results..what does this have to do with anything? Well what some of you may or may not know is that in conjunction with HCG your progesterone is part of what helps keep you pregnant so to speak..I was never checked for low Prog. because my records were never sent over with the results indicating there may be a problem ,therefore, in theory from a couple of other medical opinions, that could have played a part in my Loss of Skylar.....soak that in....Breathe ...ARE YOU F@*^ing KIDDING ME!!! it may have been preventable?!..even the possibility made me sick to my stomach and brought me to tears...the answer has been staring my (former) Dr in the face for over 7 YEARS!!!! how the hell did he NOT think to tell me Knowing I had had previous issues with concieving and staying pg. I am so angry and shocked right now how could he have kept this info to himself it could have saved our daughter...and now there is no bringing her back and all I can do is walk into yet another dr office but this time armed with additional info and pray that the IUI works and that they can or will moniter my Prog. level...I spent a year praying for an answer but now that I (theoretically) have one I am ...I don't know what I feel honestly angry, sad , shocked...and maybe even a tad relieved relieved because at least prog. is a problem that can be treated...and now Back to square 1

0 comments: