CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Birthday thoughts ..and other random bits

So Tuesday was my Birthday and in many ways it was bittersweet ...I couldn't help but remember last year when I was still so heartbroken from my loss that the day came and went and I barely noticed..This year however I found myself with some odd feelings about it I turned 29 (and NO I am NOT panicking about turning 30) and I realized how different our life was compared to our "plans" for our future to date. First we had said from the time we became engaged we wanted 3 children and for me I wanted to have them all Born by the time I was 30 so I would still have time to enjoy them as they grew up.. Instead I have 1 DC and am just now being able to try and have #2 with more than 1 loss along the way. I wanted to be either done with my RN or enrolled at KU (yes I am a Jayhawker ppl deal LOL) finishing my MD..instead I have just finished my RMA with plans to go back for my RN possibly sooner than originally
(re)planned And DH is finally getting to go back to school (he spent all his time putting me through and taking care of us while I followed my dreams) I am more grateful for him than I could ever say He has walked this journey with me and stayed by my side when many would have given up and walked away I can truly say I am proud to call him my husband (don't tell him though or I'll never hear the end LOL)

This birthday was full of surprises though in a funny way the ppl I never expected to remember my birthday were the first to call/text and send me good wishes while the ones who I thought would never forget did ODD I think but I am thankful at the same time as it brought some dearly missed contact with old friends that I didn't even realize I needed..think maybe God was paying more attention than I was to what I needed? I do and I am ok witht that

Ok so on to some "real" news

Dh had his IVP Kidney x-ray on Monday we should have some results from that in a couple of weeks they also did some hormonal blood work (trust me the jokes between us flew about that on) V and I are going to the fertility DR today to set up for our consultations which should be in mid July (starting it now so we can be sure all the medical records and such get there in time). As for any new testing on me..none yet but the concensus seems to be there may not be aby more needed besides some routine bloodwork to moniter my Progesterone levels leading up to pregnancy (mainly as a precaution)


Other than that life is normal as usual we have been working on a remodeling project (see below) Hopefully the pics will post ok The first 1 is The before and the 2nd 2 are the after we built,stained and clearcoated all of this ourselves...I think it looks pretty good personally the color (which you can't see well in these) is A mahogony (sp?) with a high gloss clear..the doors on the cabinets are not clear coated yet but should be by tonight :) and please pardon our mess LOL










0 comments: